Who can do this with the standard user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Dashboard Owners, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
You can see, print, and export your Star CBM data from the Data Insights page and in the Star Record Book.
When you select the Star CBM Reading or Star CBM Math tile on the Home page, you can select Data Insights to see the following by class, grade, school, or the district:
- the percentage of your students who have been administered the recommended screening measure for their grade in the current screening window,
- the percentage of students who have completed any reading or math assessment in the current screening window (except for Rapid Automatic Naming assessments)
- the percentage who are proficient on the screening measure (those who scored in the At/Above Benchmarks category) - when you select Explore the data, you can see student achievement on all measures
- the percentage of students whose scores on the recommended screening measure have moved up from Intervention to On Watch or At/Above Benchmark (and how students in general have transitioned between benchmark categories)
- the percentage of students at risk overall for reading (those below the 20th percentile based on their composite score)
You can also select the Reports tile on the Home page and select Star CBM Data Insights.
Data Insights allow you to see data across your classes and schools and to see lists of students who haven't been screened, students who haven't completed CBM assessments, students who scored in each benchmark category, students whose scores moved to a different benchmark category since the last screening window, and students who may be at risk. Select Explore the data on any tile to see more detailed information.
As you explore the proficiency, screening rate, or transition data, you can view data for screening windows in the current school year or the previous school year. You can also filter data using the drop-down lists and sort data in tables. Select Print or Save to view and print a PDF file, and select Download Data to export data to a file for use in your spreadsheet program (as a .csv file). For more information, see Star CBM Data Insights.
Star Record Book
In the Star Record Book, you can print Star CBM results or save them to a file (PDF) by selecting Print or Save at the bottom of most pages.
For class results, select Print or Save at the bottom of any of the three tabs in the Star Record Book: Latest Assessments, Screening Comparison, and CBM English Assessments.
|Star Record Book Tab||What It Shows for Star CBM and Other Star Assessments|
|CBM English Assessments||
Star CBM only. Shows:
For individual students, the Print or Save option is available on the Star CBM Student Details page (to the right of the tabs) and at the bottom of the Measure Chart and the CBM Assessment Report. Note: On the Student Details page, if you want to include previous school year data when you print or save, be sure to select Load Results from Previous School Years before you select Print or Save.
|Page||What It Includes|
|Student Details (Star CBM English tab)||
|CBM Assessment Report|
If you prefer a file that you can open in a spreadsheet program that includes all reading or math scores for a class or group, a specific student, or a specific student and measure, see Exporting Star CBM Assessment Scores (Downloading Data/CSV Files).