Percentile Rank scores range from 1 to 99 and express student ability relative to the scores of other students in the same grade. For a particular student, this score indicates the percentage of students in the norms group who obtained lower scores. For example, if a reading assessment gave a student a Percentile Rank of 85, the student's reading skills are greater than 85% of other children in the same grade.
The Percentile Rank Range reflects the amount of statistical uncertainty in a student's Percentile Rank score. If the student were tested multiple times or finished a number of assessments in a short period of time, the score would likely fall in this range.
PR can be found on the following reports:
- Consolidated Assessment Proficiency Report
- Consolidated School-to-Home Report
- Consolidated Summary Report
- Goal History Report
- Growth Expectation Extract
- Historical Extract
- Instructional Planning - Class Report
- Instructional Planning - Student Report
- My Created Reports
- Star ACT®/SAT® Readiness Report
- Star Annual Progress Report*
- Star Diagnostic Report
- Star Family Report
- Star Growth Report
- Star Parent Report*
- Star Record Book
- Star Screening Report
- Star Student Progress Monitoring Report
- Star Summary Report
- Star Test Record Report
* Percentile Rank Ranges can also be found on these reports.