A Lexile® measure represents a student's reading ability:
- The Lexile® measure is shown as a number with an "L" after it: 750L is 750 Lexile®.
- Higher Lexile® measures indicate higher levels of reading ability. A Lexile® measure can range from below 200L for emergent readers to above 1600L for advanced readers.
- Scores below 0L are prefixed with "BR" for Beginning Reader. For these scores, the higher the number is, the lower the actual score is: for example, a score of BR200L is lower than BR100L (as shown on the right).
Lexile® measures are "capped" for some grades to ensure that they are not too high (for students with high test scores) and to make sure that these students are getting recommended appropriate instructional activities and books.
|Star Early Literacy Cap
|Star Reading Cap
|Star Reading Spanish Cap
Students’ Lexile® measures (for Star Early Literacy, Star Reading Progress Monitoring, and Star Reading Enterprise assessments in grades K–12) can be found on the following reports:
- Historical Extract
- Instructional Planning - Class Report
- Instructional Planning - Student Report
- Star Annual Progress Report
- Star Diagnostic Report
- Star Growth Report
- Star Record Book
- Star Screening Report
- Star State Performance - Class Report
- Star State Performance - Student Report
- Star Student Progress Monitoring Report
- Star Summary Report
- Star Test Record Report
Lexile® measures are only shown on reports when the Lexile® scale is the chosen scale. The Lexile® scale will not be a selectable scale option when a report is being run for Star Math (English or Spanish).
LEXILE®, the LEXILE® logo and POWERV® are trademarks of MetaMetrics, Inc., and are registered in the United States and abroad. Copyright © 2023 MetaMetrics, Inc. All rights reserved.