On the Manage Groups page, you can set up groups of students which can be used for instructional planning and reporting purposes.
How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance.
- On the Home page, select Star Reading, Star Early Literacy, Star Math, or Star Spanish.
- In the drop-down list, select Record Book.
Note: You can also get to the Record Book by selecting Star Record Book on the Star / Assessment tab of the Reports page, under "Screening and Instructional Planning."
Or by selecting Star CBM Reading or Star CBM Math on the Home page.
- Select Manage Groups in the header of the Star Record Book.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Level Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
Groups created by following the instructions below are used for the purpose of viewing reports, working in the Star Record Book, planning assignments in Renaissance Planner, and assigning assessments in Star Custom. These groups are not used for the purpose of setting goals or setting preferences, which are set for an entire class or for individual students within a class.
Groups are only usable in the school year they are created in.
District level administrators, district level staff, and school level administrators can view groups they have created in the following locations:
- When you first arrive on the Manage Groups page, any existing student groups you have access to will be listed in the Student Groups table.
If you have access to more than one school and you want to view groups for a different school, use the School drop-down list to select the school you want. (If you only have access to one school, you will not need to select one.)
- To create a new student group, select Create New Groups above the table; see the instructions for the next step here.
- For groups that you own, you can use the drop-down list in the Actions column to make additions to/edit existing groups, or delete the groups.
Deleting a group cannot be undone; be very sure you want to do this before confirming the deletion (by selecting Yes). Deleting a shared group will make it unavailable to everyone it was shared with.
- For groups that have been shared with you, you can select View in the Actions column to view the group. For view-only groups, you will not be able to make any changes to them or delete them.