Use this preference to set whether teachers receive an email when one of their students has a Star Reading score lower than 615 on the Unified Scale (or lower than 8 on the Enterprise Scale for Mississippi customers using that scale), indicating a probable non-reader. The email explains that scores in this range usually mean the student is guessing at answers. For more information, see Probable Non-Reader Alerts.
How to get to this preference
To get to the preference page, follow these steps:
- On the Home page, select your initials in the top right corner. Then, choose Edit Preferences from the menu that opens.
You can also select Star Reading on the Home page and then choose Preferences from the popup menu.
- Select Teacher Email Alert - Probable Non-Reader under the District Preferences on the Preferences page.
How to set the preference
Who can do this with default user permissions?
- Your schools are listed. For each school, if the box is checked, teachers at that school will receive probable non-reader alert emails. Check the box or remove the check mark for each school as needed. (If you have started to make changes and you want to start over, select Undo Changes.)
If you want to use the same setting for all schools at once, select Set All. Then, check or uncheck the box as needed. When you're done, select Apply to All.
- When you have finished changing the settings, select Save Changes.
- To go back to the list of preferences, select < Back at the top of the page.