A Lexile® measure represents a student's reading ability:
- The Lexile® measure is shown as a number with an "L" after it: 750L is 750 Lexile®.
- Higher Lexile® measures indicate higher levels of reading ability. A Lexile® measure can range from below 200L for emergent readers to above 1600L for advanced readers.
- Scores below 0L are prefixed with "BR" for Beginning Reader. For these scores, the higher the number is, the lower the actual score is: for example, a score of BR200L is lower than BR100L (as shown on the right).
Students’ Lexile® measures (for Star Early Literacy, Star Reading Progress Monitoring, and Star Reading Enterprise assessments in grades K–12) can be found on the following reports:
- Historical Extract
- Instructional Planning - Class Report
- Instructional Planning - Student Report
- Star Annual Progress Report
- Star Diagnostic Report
- Star Growth Report
- Star Record Book
- Star Screening Report
- Star State Performance - Class Report
- Star State Performance - Student Report
- Star Student Progress Monitoring Report
- Star Summary Report
- Star Test Record Report
Lexile® measures are only shown on reports when the Lexile® scale is the chosen scale. The Lexile® scale will not be a selectable scale option when a report is being run for Star Math (English or Spanish).
LEXILE®, the LEXILE® logo and POWERV® are trademarks of MetaMetrics, Inc., and are registered in the United States and abroad. Copyright © 2023 MetaMetrics, Inc. All rights reserved.