While taking a Star Early Literacy, Star Math, or Star Reading test in the Renaissance Growth Platform, students experience one of the following behaviors:
- Students don't hear sound.
- Students hear questions and answer choices during the Star Early Literacy test but they don't hear a bell after the question is read, the rabbit's ears do not move back, and the Next button does not appear after choosing an answer.
- A large black box covers most of the web page at the beginning of the test and the student is not able to move on
- The computer or device does not have sound capabilities or the sound is turned down or off.
- Students don't have access to MP3 files. The bell sound in Star Early Literacy is an MP3 file.
- Students don't have access to MP4 files. This is the format of the optional Star Early Literacy demonstration video, and also the tutorial videos presented at the beginning of the Star Indiana assessment (grades 1-4 in Star Reading and grades 2, 3, and 5-8 in Star Math). The Star Early Literacy demonstration video file is 6 MB. The tutorial videos for the Star Indiana assessments range in size from about 18 MB to about 24 MB.
Verify sound is enabled/turned up.
If this does not resolve the problem, resources may be inaccessible because they are being blocked by a firewall or proxy setting, or content filtering software. If you use content filtering, be sure to allow the downloading of MP3 and MP4 files, and ensure students are able to download files of the size indicated above.