Students are not able to see the entire test question when Star testing on some computers/devices. They may report one of the following:
- The problem number does not display in the upper right corner.
- The [Next] button does not display below the question after selecting an answer.
- The question is cut off on the right side of the page.
- One or more answer choices are missing or cut off.
Display issues, especially on computers that have a touchpad or touch screen, are typically caused by the browser Zoom setting not being set to 100%.
- Set the browser's zoom setting to 100% prior to students starting their Star tests to help ensure the entire test is displayed properly. Press <Ctrl>+<0> on the Renaissance welcome page, < Command>+<0> on Macintosh computers, to reset the browser's zoom setting. Also instruct students not to zoom in or out during the test.
- You should also enable full screen mode in the browser. If students are testing on a Chromebook or Chrome OS, you may create a kiosk app. See this article for some helpful links to Google articles on this topic.
If students are taking a test and are not able to view the entire interface, the test should be paused, then the browser settings should be adjusted, then the test can be resumed. If the student was not able to answer some questions correctly because of this issue, you may choose to stop the test and have the student start a new test. Click HERE for more information on pausing and stopping Star tests.