The Third Grade Reading Proficiency Assessment is a standardized assessment(s) for reading that allows a third-grade student to demonstrate an acceptable level of reading performance for promotion to the fourth grade.
Use the following links for instructions and materials to help you administer the Third Grade Reading Proficiency Assessment.
Third Grade Reading Proficiency Assessment Preference: Setting this preference allows the assessment to be assigned to students.
Assigning the Assessment
- Stage I: Selecting the students you want to take the assessment and the date they can begin
- Stage II: Confirming the assessment
- Stage III: Selecting the assessment
- Stage IV: Finalizing the schedule and assigning the assessment
Viewing Student Assessment Data
After students have completed the assessment, there are two dashboards and a Record Book that can be used (to view students' Scaled Scores only) following the testing session.
There are two views that provide more information but require an overnight data compilation:
- 3rd Grade Proficiency Assessment - Student Score Report
- 3rd Grade Proficiency Assessment - Student Score Summary Report
- Renaissance Third Grade Proficiency Assessment: District/School Test Coordinator Manual
- Renaissance Third Grade Proficiency Assessment: Teacher Manual (including Pretest Instructions, which you can use to give students a basic orientation before they take the assessment)
- Star Reading Third-Grade Proficiency Assessment Technical Report