How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance.
- On the Home page, select your initials in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- On the Manage Apps & Users page, select School Calendar.
- On the School Calendar page, select the Screening Windows tab.
- Above the upper-right corner of the table of district screening windows, select Create District Screening Window.
Note: If all the district screening windows have been deleted, including the defaults, you will see this message instead. Select Create a district screening window and follow the instructions below.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff
rules for creating new district screening windows:
- District screening windows must fall within the current school year.
- You can create up to 10 district screening windows within the school year.
- District screening windows cannot overlap with any other district or school screening window.
- A district screening window must be at least 1 day long and can be as long as the entire school year.
- District screening windows are used by district level administrators and district staff to view assessment data at the district level in Schoozilla and Renaissance Analytics. A district screening window can include all schools in the district or a specific subset of schools. Note: District screening windows are not used in Renaissance reports; the "district screening windows" appearing on Renaissance reports are actually school screening windows that are tied to the district.
- Note: If you are creating district screening windows to be used for "Window to Window SGPs," they will need to align with our SGP windows.
- Enter a unique name for the screening window in the District Window Name field.
- Select the start and end dates for the window. You can either type the range in the Date Range field or select the icon on the right side of the field to open a pop-up calendar where you can select the dates (select Apply on the calendar when you are done).
- Although district screening windows can apply to all schools in a district, they do not have to. Check the schools you want to include in the district screening window you are creating (use the Select All/None box at the top to check/uncheck all the schools at once). If you want to find a specific school, enter its name in the field to the right of the list.
Each school you check will have a field added with the dates you chose in the prior step. (Note: If you subsequently change those dates in the Date Range field at the top of the page, select Apply to All Selected Schools to the right of the date range field to update the information for all the selected schools.)
- Not every school in the district screening window will need to use the same dates. You can give a school its own dates by entering them in the date field at the end of the row (the same way you did for the Date Range field earlier). Note: School date ranges control what data will be available in Renaissance Analytics.
In the example above, the date range for the district screening window is 9/1–9/30. The district wants to use different testing dates for the different school levels, so they have been changed (but still fall within the overall date range): the high school's test window is from 9/1–9/10, the middle school's test window is 9/10–9/20, and the two elementary schools' test window is from 9/20–9/30. If schools use their own unique date ranges within a district screening window, those ranges will all have the same name; in reports using these ranges, the dates they cover will be added to the end of the name so you can tell them apart.
When determining whether a test falls within a testing window (for Enterprise tests) or outside a testing window (for progress monitoring tests), the dates for the individual schools are used, not the overall district screening window.
- When you are finished, select Create Window. The window will be added to the district screening windows table; selecting the arrow on the right end will expand it to show the schools and dates that are using the window.
Note: "All Test Types" includes:
- Star Reading Enterprise
- Star Reading Spanish
- Star Early Literacy
- Star Early Literacy Spanish
- Star Math Enterprise
- Star Math Spanish
It does not include:
- Star Reading Progress Monitoring
- Third Grade Reading Proficiency Assessment
- Star Math Progress Monitoring
- Star Math Algebra
- Star Math Geometry