Use this page to begin adding a new class.
How do I get to this page?
- On the Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Do one of the following:
- On the left select Classes & Courses. Then, on the Classes & Courses page, select Add a Class.
- On the right, under New School Year Wizards, select Manually Set Up Classes & Courses.
How to Add a New Class
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff
School: If necessary, use the School drop-down list to choose the school the class will be in.
- Course: Either choose a course from the drop-down list or select Add a Course. To add a course:
- Enter a course name (required). You can also enter a course ID/code.
- Select a subject and intended grade from the drop-down lists.
- Select Save.
- Class Name: Type a class name.
- Marking Period: Use the drop-down list to choose the time period during which the class takes place: one of the marking periods added in Renaissance or the entire school year.
- Products: Check the boxes for the products that the class will use (or click Select All to check all products). Note for Star Phonics: Students can only be in one class with Star Phonics assigned; if students are in more than one class, make sure that you only assign Star Phonics to one of those classes.
- Select Continue > to save this class and select teachers for this new class, or select Exit to leave this page without saving your changes.