2 Devices (a computer, Chromebook™, or tablet - students can also use a smart phone):
- Device one (teacher) is used for scoring and recording student responses.
- Device two (student) is used to display words for the student to read aloud.
Step 1: Teacher Setup/Teacher Device
- On the teacher device, log in to your Renaissance site; then, select Star Phonics under Assess Students on your Renaissance Home page.
- Select Screener Testing.
- Select options for the student test and click Next.
- See the 6-Digit Code for the student device.
- Step 2 MUST be completed before the teacher clicks Begin Test on the teacher device.
Step 2: Student Setup/Student Device
The student setup is the same for both in-person and remote administrations.
- On the student device, go to your Renaissance site and have the student log in. Then, have the student select Star Phonics.
- Enter the 6-Digit Code and click Enter.
- The student’s device will say "Please Wait" until the teacher clicks Begin Test on their device.
Step 3: Administering the Test
- Read the instructions found in the app to the student; then, click Begin Test.
- The same three words will appear on the teacher and student screens.
- Repeat until the student has finished.
- The student device will display “Completed” and return to the login screen.
- The teacher device will now show the student reports.