Use this page to add or remove student characteristics for more than one student. When student characteristics are assigned to students, you can report on specific student populations.
How do I get to this page?
- On the Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Select Users.
- Select Edit Multiple Students under "Students."
- Select Edit Characteristics. Note: The link is not active if you are working in a future school year; it is only available when you work in the current school year.
How to Edit the Characteristics for Multiple Students
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators
- Use the drop-down list to choose how you want to search for students. If you choose any option besides All, a second drop-down list will open so you can choose a specific school, grade, teacher, or class - you can also type the name of the item to find it faster.
|Option||What It Does|
|All||Search all students that you have access to (all students for district users, or your students for school-level administrators). For district users, this option also finds students who aren't in a school or class.|
|School||Search for students in the school you specify. This option is only available for district users and for school-level administrators who are in more than one school.|
|Grade||Search for students in the grade you specify. This option is only available for district users and for school-level administrators; for district users, students who aren't in a class or school will be included.|
|Teacher||Search for students by the teacher of their class(es); you can enter the teacher's name or click the field and select the teacher from the list. This option is only available for district users.|
|Class||Search for students by the class you specify.|
- If you want to find all students that meet the criteria in step 1, select Search without entering anything about the student.
If you want to find a specific student, enter part or all of the student's name, user name, or ID; then, select Search.
- If you include a space, the software assumes you are looking for a first name and last name (such as "John Smith").
- If you enter a last name first and then a first name, include a comma (such as "Smith, John"). This is especially helpful if you are using a last name that includes a space (for example, "Del Castillo, Miranda").
- If you enter characters without a comma or space, the software will look for names, user names, and IDs that start with that text. For example, "ann" might find students with the first name "Ann" or "Annabelle" or the last name "Anning", user names like "ann32", or IDs like "ann36278".
50 results are shown at a time. If the search finds more than 50 students, select the arrows above or below the list to go to the next or previous page of results.
You will see your changes in the table.