The Star Reading Range report lists your students and their most recent Zones of Proximal Development (ZPD). Depending on the setting of the Lexile® range Preference, each student's Lexile® range may also be shown.
How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance.
- On the Home page, select Star Reading, Star Early Literacy, or Star Math.
- In the drop down-list, select Reports.
- On the Star / Assessment tab on the Reports page, under “Test Status and Results,” select Star Reading Range Report.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Dashboard Owners, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
- Use the School drop-down list to select a school.
- If you are assigned to only one school, you will not see the School drop-down list.
- School administrators and school staff can only select their own schools.
- Teachers can only select schools that they are assigned to.
- Use the Students drop-down list to select either a single class at the chosen school, or choose All Classes to select all the classes at the chosen school.
- School administrators and school staff can only select classes in their own school.
- Teachers can only select their own classes.
To select specific classes, groups, or students at the chosen school, use the links below the Students drop-down list. Selecting one of these links will open a corresponding pop-up window; in that window, check the box at the top of the list to select all the available choices, or make individual selections below it. You can enter search criteria in the field at the top of the window to find a specific class, group, or student. (In the "Select Students" pop-up window, district- and school-level users can select a grade to narrow down the list of students.)
- School administrators and school staff can only select classes, groups, or students in their own school.
- Teachers can only select their own classes, their own groups, or students enrolled in one of their own classes.
Once you have made your choices, select Save Selection at the bottom of the pop-up window.
If you want to use demographic data to further refine the data in the report, select Change Demographics...
By default, the "All" option is chosen for Ethnicity, Gender, Language, and Grade Level. To reduce the scope, choose the "Select" option at the top of the appropriate column and then check your selections in that column.
In the example above, the user has selected two Languages and three Grade Levels, while leaving Ethnicity and Gender at the default "All" options. Note: The Filter Reports by Ethnicity user permission may be set to prevent the use of ethnicities as a filter.
By default, the "All" option is chosen for Characteristics. To reduce the scope, choose Select Characteristics... and then check each characteristic you want students in the report to have. You must also choose any or all (after "Include students with") to specify whether students with any of the selected characteristics will be included in the report or only those with all of the selected characteristics.
In the example above, the user selected two Characteristics (ADA and ESL). Because any is selected, the report will include students who are ADA, ESL, or both. If all had been selected, only students who are both ADA and ESL would be included. Note: The Filter Reports by Characteristics user permission may be set to prevent the use of characteristics as a filter.
Once you are finished choosing demographic options, select Apply at the bottom of the window to save your choices (or Cancel to close the window without saving your choices).
- Check Hide Groups Without Data if you want groups without data to be omitted from the report.
Once you are done choosing report options, select Update Report.
- The report will generate and then open at the bottom of the page.
- The data for the selected students is shown, grouped by class/group and teacher.
- The students' ZPD scores are shown.
- The number of students in each class/group is in the bottom row.
If the Lexile® range preference has been set to use Lexile® ranges, then the Lexile® range will be shown instead of the ZPD.
- You can change any of the options you have selected and then regenerate the report by selecting Update Report.
- To print the report, select the PDF icon at the top of the screen: .
- To return to the Reports page, select either Back to Reports or the report icon at the top of the screen.