Who can do this with default user permissions?
District-level administrators, school-level administrators, teachers
District-level administrators can edit goals for all classes and students at all schools. School-level administrators can edit goals for all classes and students at their schools. Teachers can edit goals for their classes and students. Other staff cannot view or edit goals unless they have been granted more permissions.
Follow the steps to edit goals that you have set:
On the Home page, select Star Reading, Star Early Literacy, Star Math, or Star Spanish; then, select Manage Goals & Benchmarks.
Use the School, Class, and Students drop-down lists to choose which students' goals you would like to see.
- You can only choose a single school or class at a time; if you only have access to a single school or class, you will not need to make a selection.
- For students, you can use the Select All / Clear All link at the bottom of the drop-down list to check or uncheck all the students at once.
Use the check boxes to choose whether to see goals that are upcoming (the goal time period has not started), goals that are in progress, and/or goals that are completed (for which the end date has passed).
At the bottom of the page, each type of goal that you have set will be listed. (Since students can only have one goal of each type at a time, goal types will only be listed once for each subject.)
To see the status of a goal type for the students, select the arrow to the left of the goal type name.
For each type of goal, you will see the subject, the date range (and the marking period name if you chose a marking period), the goal, the student's actual performance, and the status.
For goals that are in the future (the time period has not started yet), the status will be Upcoming. If the goal has started, but the end date hasn't arrived yet, the status is In Progress. After the end date, the status shows whether the student has achieved the goal (Achieved or Not Achieved).
- Select Edit at the end of the row for the student goal that you want to edit. (You can edit goals for one student at a time.)
- On the next page, you cannot change the selected student, the subject, or the type of goal. However, you can change the goal options (dates and the work that applies). If you make any changes, select Apply.
- At the bottom of the page, change the goals as needed.
- Select Save Goals to save your changes. (To go back to Goals & Benchmarks without making changes, select < Back at the top of the page.)