The shorter version of the test is called "non-Enterprise" or "Progress Monitoring" in the software; the full-length version is called "Enterprise." You do have the option of using the non-Enterprise version of Star Math, but we recommend that you use Enterprise assessments for all testing events, if possible. The Enterprise test provides more precise data that can be used for more purposes. Using this test type also makes it easier to compare results over time.
Assigning the Non-Enterprise Assessment
One reason you might choose to administer the shorter (non-Enterprise) version of the test is the available time for testing. If you are frequently testing students who are in intervention and you are concerned about testing time, setting the preference to Enterprise and non-Enterprise tests will let you administer the non-Enterprise version of the test.
Enabling students to take the non-Enterprise version of the test will require the following steps to be taken:
- The Enterprise Tests Preference (at both the school and class/group level) should be set to Enterprise and non-Enterprise tests.
- A goal has been set for the student.
- The date the student takes the test falls outside of a screening window.
Note: If any accommodations have been set for your students through the Accommodations Preference, this preference will be overridden and students will still see the Enterprise test type.
For more information, consult the Renaissance Star 360™ Implementation Guide.
Preference Setting Interactions
- If the preference is set to Enterprise tests only at the school level, then the Enterprise test will always be given regardless of the screening dates, and the preference cannot be set at the class level.
- If the preference is set to Enterprise and non-Enterprise tests at the school level, the class- or group-level setting of the preference determines which test is given:
- If the preference is set to Enterprise tests only at the class or group level, the Enterprise test will always be given regardless of the screening dates.
- If the preference is set to Enterprise and non-Enterprise tests at the class or group level, the Enterprise test will be given within the screening dates and the non-Enterprise test will be given outside the screening dates (to students who have a goal set).