Metric Settings give you control over what is displayed on your dashboards for each metric. Using Metric Settings, you can:
- Choose whether a metric should display on your dashboards; you can limit specific metrics to particular schools. For example, for Freckle data, you can turn on science and social studies metrics, which are hidden by default. You can also choose to hide metrics for products that you're not using.
- Set district-wide and school-specific goals for each metric. The goal determines the color of the overall results and categories in the bar graph view (green for meeting the goal, red for not meeting the goal - scores are black if there is no goal).
- Describe each metric using terms that your leaders and teachers are familiar with. Specifically, you can edit metric names and definitions.
- Add one link for each metric to go to another tool or resource.
Who can do this?
Renaissance Analytics Administrators
How to Navigate to Metric Settings
You can navigate to Metric Settings in two ways:
- Select Settings, then Metric Settings in the top navigation menu to go to the Metric Settings for all metrics.
- Click the gear icon on a tile to go to the settings for a specific metric.
How to Use Metric Settings
If you are viewing the list of all metrics, you can toggle the visibility on or off for each metric.
You can also use the check boxes to choose whether to display each metric for all schools or for all schools at a specific level. If the Display boxes for schools are not checked, the metric will display on the District Profile only. Please see the table below for details.
In addition, you can choose to display the metric for particular schools, which limits what is shown on the school-based dashboards (School Profile, Our Students, and Student Profile). To do this, select in the last column for the metric and select and deselect schools.
After you make changes to the visibility and display settings, be sure to select Save. Your changes may take up to 24 hours to take effect.
The table below outlines what will display on each dashboard based on your selections.
|Visibility Settings Status||District Profile||Our Schools||School Profile||Our Students||Student Profile|
|Toggled on for all schools||visible||visible||visible||visible||visible|
|Toggled on, no schools listed||visible||visible, will show data for any school that has data||hidden||
user with access to multiple schools: visible when no school filter is selected by user in overall row and for students with data
hidden when one school is selected by user or user only has access to one school
|Toggled on, one or more schools listed||visible||visible, will show data for any school that has results regardless of whether it is a listed school||
visible only for schools listed in Visibility Settings
hidden for all other schools
user with access to multiple schools: visible when no school filter is selected in overall row and for students with data
visible when a user selects a school listed in Visibility Settings
hidden when a user selects a school that is not listed in Visibility Settings
visible only for students in schools listed in Visibility Settings
hidden for all other schools
- When you select each metric name in the list, you can edit the metric name and definition. In addition, you can preview how your changes will look in the preview tile on the page. Select Save after making any changes.
- On the same page, you can configure one link per metric tile and test it. This "Other Reports" button link appears in Metric Zoom. For metric uploads, the "Other Reports" link appears directly on the tile.
- You can also set goals at the district and school level. Read more about setting goals here.