The stack view helps you understand comparative performance by viewing schools stack-ranked against mixed-and-matched metrics. You can choose multiple metrics in this view to understand the relationships between the metrics for this particular set of schools.
If you have chosen metrics in the quadrant view, those metrics will be carried over to this screen as the initial column metrics.
The group set and groups shown in the stack view are shown on the Groups tab . The schools within those groups are arranged in "stacks," where each stack is devoted to a single metric. These metrics can be changed using the drop-down lists above each stack .
Use the Show drop-down list to change the number of metrics included in this view.
Some metrics have a specified minimum level that students in schools should be achieving. These minimum levels are indicated by the green lines on the stack view . In the example above:
- In the first stack, the chosen metric is a median Student Growth Percentile (SGP) in Reading of 66 or higher. The median SGP Reading score of all the students in a school determine that school's placement in the stack.
- In the second stack, the chosen metric is a Star Reading Scaled Score of 665 or higher. The average Star Reading Scaled Score of all the students in a school determine that school's placement in the stack.
If you check Show connections , lines will be drawn between each instance of a school in each column.
If you have at least two metrics chosen (two stacks visible), and you change to the quadrant view, the chosen metrics of the two leftmost columns will be carried over to that screen as the Impact and Factor Metrics.
You can change the arrangement of the data in several ways (be aware that changes to the view are automatically saved as you make them):
- Select a different metric or scale .
- Use the Group Set drop-down list to choose a different group set to view (or select Add/Remove Group Sets to make a new group set). You can also edit the group set shown by selecting Edit .
- Hide schools or groups from the view by selecting the check mark on the left side of the school or group ; this will remove the check mark from the circle and the item will be hidden. Hidden items will still be visible on the Groups tab, but will be whited out: , and any data related to hidden items will not be used when calculating the positions of the remaining items on the stack view. Select the circle on the left to re-check it and restore the item to the current view.
- Collapse a group of schools into a single item on the stack view by selecting the arrow to the right of the group's name . The item representing the group will be placed based on the average metric value of all visible (non-hidden) schools in the group. Select the arrow again to expand the group.
- Select the Filters tab to apply different filters to the data displayed in the stack view.
- Select the Quadrant View button to change from the stack view to the quadrant view.
You can print a copy of the current view by selecting the PDF button in the upper-right corner .